Through a special agreement (waiver) with the federal government, women ages 19 through 55 may also qualify for family planning services through the Plan First Program. Men age 21 or older may qualify for vasectomies only. For women, this includes a yearly family planning exam, birth control such as pills or shots, tubes tied, lab work to test for pregnancy or sexually-transmitted disease and help in planning when to have a baby. Call 1-888-737-2083 toll-free for more information.
- Be a U.S. citizen and live in Alabama
- Be a woman between the ages of 19 and 55, or be a man who is at least 21 (vasectomies only)
- Have income that is below the Medicaid limit
- Not have had surgery to to prevent pregnancy (tubes tied)
- Provide proof of identity such as a drivers' license